- Meticulous technical editor, copyeditor, and developmental editor
- Independent contractor; clients include publishers, businesses, and individuals
- Proficient in using the Track Changes feature of Microsoft Word 2007
Technical Editor/Copyeditor (Independent Contractor), 2001 to Present
Recent projects include:
- The Spiritual Tradition in Eastern Christianity: Ascetic Psychology, Mystical Experience, and Physical Practices (David T. Bradford), forthcoming 2015.
- My Life: A Fatherless Great-Grandfather Looks Back (Manuel Curado Mira), 2013.
- Studying in the United States and Living the American Dream: 12 Steps to Success (Mekebeb Negerie, D.PH., MPH), 2014.
- Total Compensation: A Practical Guide to Federal Employee Benefits (Brian Patrick Kuhn, CFP), 2013.
- The Department of Infernal Affairs: The Exposed Underbelly of the International Monetary Fund (Maya Touviere), 2012.
- Finding a Rhythm: Basketball Scoring Fundamentals Based on Science (Steve Watkins), 2012.
- The Making of a Yoga Master: A Seeker's Transformation (Suhas Tambe), 2012.
- Advice Is for Winners (Raul Valdes-Perez), 2012.
- Becoming a Top Producer (Eric Reininger), 2012.
- Entrepreneur Unleashed (Gregory S. Downing), 2011.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki), reissue, The Rich Dad Company, 2011.
- Cashflow Quadrant (Robert Kiyosaki), reissue, The Rich Dad Company, 2011.
- Unfair Advantage (Robert Kiyosaki), The Rich Dad Company, 2011.
- Midas Touch (Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump), The Rich Dad Company, 2011.
- The Mystery of Predestination: According to Scripture, the Church, and St Thomas Aquinas (John Salza), TAN Books, 2010.
- Victims and Perpetrators: Public Memory of Slavery in the South Atlantic (Ana Lucia Araujo), manuscript first draft (2010).
- Making It All Work: A Pocket Guide to Sustain Improvement and Anchor Change (John Roland Schultz), Routledge, 2010. Client was the author.
- The Making of a Yoga Master: A Seeker's Transformation (The Yoga-Sutra Sequence Decoded) (Suhas Tambe), 2010. Client was the author.
- Whose Little Girl Is This? (De Quien Es Esta Nina?) (Maria Flores-Sperling), 2009. Client was the author.
- Surreptitious Software (Collberg and Naga), 2009.
The Project Manager's Guide to Making Successful Decisions (Powell and Buede), 2008.
- Memories from Bosnia (Nadzija Gajic-Sikiric, M.D.), 2008.
- Framework Design Guidelines (2nd ed.) (Cwalina and Abrams), 2008.
- Enterprise Master Data Management: An SOA Approach to Managing Core Information (Dreibelbis), 2008.
Domain Specific Development with Visual Studio DSL Tools (Cook, Jones, Kent, Wills), 2007.
- Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma (Perry and Bacon), 2006.
- Pattern Languages of Program Design 5 (Manolescu), 2006.
Extrusion Detection: Security Monitoring for Internal Intrusions (Bejtlich), 2005.
- Core Security Patterns (Steel, Nagappan, and Lai), 2005.
The Project Manager's Guide to Making Successful Decisions, (Powell and Buede), 2008.
- Management Concepts, Inc. Copyedited Project Management for IT Maintenance and Practical Project Risk Management, (2007).
- WorldatWork. Copyedited Excellence at Work: The Six Keys to Inspire Passion in the Workplace (2007), Incentive Pay Programs: Opportunities and Challenges (2007), Stock Options and Executive Compensation, Stock Option Alternatives, and other books.
- Allstar Marketing Group. Rewrote 20-page booklet on the fundamentals of music.
- Guilford Publications. Copyedited Missing Data: A Gentle Introduction (Figueredo, McKnight, McKnight, and Sidani).
Stratford Publishing Services, Inc. Copyedited ASP.NET 2.0 Illustrated (Homer and Sussman); Advanced Technologies
in Biopharmaceutical Processing
(Dutton and Scharer); Federal Agents (Bumgarner); and The Feline Patient:
Essentials of Diagnosis and Treatment,
- Elsevier Ltd. Copyedited articles for the Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics (2nd Edition).
- Cisco Routers for the Desperate: Router Management, The Easy Way (Lucas).
- The Linux Enterprise Cluster (Kopper).
Technical Editor/Writer, 2000 to 2001, Artisoft, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Documented software features for TeleVantage 4.0, Artisoft's software telephone system for Windows.
- Using FrameMaker on a Windows platform, performed exhaustive overhaul of five-book documentation set and online Help. Enhanced organization, grammar, cohesion, and style. Expanded indexes by over 80%.
- Edited company's website, knowledge base articles, white papers, press releases, product brochures, and other documents.
- Mentored technical writers in local and remote offices.
- In FrameMaker, edited, wrote portions of, and indexed the following documents (to view these books, the Adobe Reader must be installed on your computer): Installing TeleVantage, Administering TeleVantage, and Using TeleVantage.
Technical Editor/Writer, 1997 to 2000, PTC, Waltham, MA
- Edited Parametric Technology's user guides, installation guides, release notes, and reference guides.
- Performed developmental editing for installation guides, internal work instructions, user guides, and departmental style guide. Mentored junior technical editors and writers in offshore offices.
- Lotus Notes
- Visual SourceSafe
- Microsoft Office
- HTML / XHTML / CSS 2
- Graphics tools
- Help-authoring tools
- M.T.P.W. - Master's degree in Technical and Professional Writing, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- B.S. - Bachelor's degree in Journalism, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida